Transfer of Title Deed in Thailand

What are the different processes involved in Transfer of Title Deed in Thailand? There are several options, and this article will explain each one. In addition, you will learn about Chanote, Nor Sor Saam Gor, and Sor Kor Nung. If you are interested in purchasing a property in Thailand, read on to learn more about these processes. Listed below are the different Title Deeds in Thailand.

Sor Kor

A Sor Kor Transfer of Title Dee in the country of Thailand is a legal document that allows someone to transfer ownership of a piece of land. The Sor Kor Sam is a land allocation certificate that is given to members of a self-help settlement. In Thailand, possessory rights are rare, so it is important to find out if you are eligible for this type of title dee.

A Sor Kor is a form of notification for land ownership. It gives the holder the right to occupy and use a plot of land, but has no real rights. The person who holds a Sor Kor Nung can sell it or inherit it. In Thailand, a Sor Kor transfer is the same as passing possession and ownership of a Sor Kor. A Sor Kor may not be upgraded to a Nor Sor form, nor to a Chanote.


A Thai Chanote is the most common type of land title deed, and it grants full ownership rights over a plot of land. A Chanote holder can subdivide, sell, assign, or transfer the land, as long as the title deed is in order. Thais use Chanotes when building condominiums, and their land titles are often the most accurate measurements. Upon purchase, the Chanote is transferred to the purchaser, who then becomes the owner of the land.

A Chanote is Thailand’s only true ownership land title deed, although there are other forms of real estate without ownership titles. Real estate without ownership deeds includes separate buildings, apartment units that have not been registered as condominiums, and land that does not have a title certificate. However, it is possible to obtain a Chanote through legal proceedings, which can be facilitated by a Thai lawyer.

Nor Sor Saam Gor

If you’re looking to buy property in Thailand, you’ll need to know a few things. While foreigners can directly own a chanote, they can only be listed on it if they have other property rights or leases. In the case of a Nor Sor Saam Gor Transfer of Title Deed in Thailand, you’ll gain ownership over the land through a document known as a “chanote”. In other words, it gives the holder full ownership over the land.

In Thailand, Nor Sor Sam is the most common type of land title. This document grants you the right to occupy the land. However, it doesn’t necessarily grant actual possession. The land parcel must be verified by neighbors or through a ground survey to be considered legally yours. You can’t sell a Nor Sor Sam land plot, and you can’t pass on your rights of ownership.

Sor Kor Nung

A Sor Kor Nung (or SK.1) is a legal notification that a landowner has possession of the land. This land ownership entitles the holder to use the land for farming, and it can be transferred to another person or sold. Often, Sor Kors are sold or transferred through inheritance. If the landowner wishes to transfer the land, he or she can request a change of status, such as upgrading to Nor. Sor. Kor Nung is commonly transferred for succession and inheritance purposes in Thailand.

While a Sor Kor Nung may sound like a simple document, there are several important considerations to consider. Having the right to sell or lease your land in Thailand is essential for avoiding tax penalties. While the Thai land department does not issue new Sor Kor Nung documents, you can upgrade to Sor 3 Gor or Nor and eventually a Chanote title. However, it is important to note that it has been 40 years since the Thai land department issued new Sor Kor Nung documents.

Transfer of Property Ownership in Thailand

Listed below are the steps involved in the Transfer of Title Deed process in Thailand.

  1. Pre-purchase agreement: the first thing you should do is to sign the agreement with another party. The agreement is usually done at the same time with the deposit or the first payment. The agreement will include the details of both parties, the property and its selling price, the payment terms, and other conditions or remarks, if any.
  2. Transfers of funds from overseas: the fund must come from another country other than Thailand. The one who transfer money from oversea need to fill in Telegraphic Transfer Form (T/T Form) specifying the objective of transaction.
  3. Obtain the documents from Thai bank: you need to need to obtain the Foreign Exchange Transaction form (FET) from the bank. This document is required by the Department of Land of Thailand as evidence that the funds was transferred from overseas.
  4. Foreign quota certificate and debt-free certificate: The seller will request the juristic office of the property to issue the foreign quota certificate and debt-free certificate for all common expenses prior to transfer of ownership date. Usually this process will take up to 15 days.
  5. Transfer of Title at the Land Office: After all the documents are ready, both parties can schedule the transfer date at the Land Office (in the same district as appeared on Chanote).

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *